Hi again Shelby

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Posted by DJ on March 17, 2003 at 01:15:43:

In Reply to: DJ posted by Shelby on March 16, 2003 at 21:24:02:

I would strongly suggest your son not wait until May to have another angiogram! CT's are good, but the only way to see the blood flow in the brain are with an angiogram. CT's can only see the damage after it's occured.

If his surgeon is doubtful in any way about his diagnoses, I'd suggest you send his angiogram films to a specialist like Dr. Stenberg for a second opinion.

Time is not on his side. Too much can happen between now and May if it is Moyamoya. Better to get it treated BEFORE any permanent damage occurs rather than waiting until it happens because a doctor is not familiar with the disease and doesn't know what he's looking at!

Just my opinion...


Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Your Name:
Your E-Mail:



Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]