Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Extreme temperatures (Read 1571 times)
cheri
New Poster

I Am the Captain of my
ship, The Master of my
soul

Rock, USA, usa, 365, 69, MI, Michigan
Extreme temperatures
May 24th, 2010 at 2:44pm

I understand what extreme temperature can do to our blood vessels.  I know the difference between hypovolemic and hemorrhagic.  I had my STA-MCA surgery
[color=#ff0000][color=#0000ff] Cool
[/color][/color]on Feb 1, and Feb.8th of 2006.  The extreme heat never bothered me as much as it does now.  I love high temps and high humidity.  I understand heat expands vessels and therefor  may not be enough blood to fill that volume.  So Hypovolemic shock can occur.  Hypo-(LOW).... Volemic-(Volume) with heat stroke.  As Moyamoya patients are we more susceptible  to heat stroke?  Or even hpothermia in the cold weather?  Or should we just go about and do our everyday projects not concerned about extreme temperatures?  What if any precautions should we take in extreme temperature?

When the world says "Give Up",   HOPE whispers....."Try One More Time"!
WWW cheri4015  
IP Logged

Becky
Old-Time Poster

Stroke10/03, Diagnosed6/04,
Unilateral Surgery9/04

Minneapolis, USA, usa, 303, 84, MN, Minnesota
Re: Extreme temperatures
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2010 at 4:37pm

I have not hurd any thing about the being easyer to get heat stroke or hypothermia directly.

My restrictions are baised on that I am a ginger (red head) so I don't like to go out in the hot and humid weather. As far as restrictions for heat, I was told to stay hydrated. Since i am a burning ginger i wear SPF 50 to 100 and stay in the shade.

As far as cold weather, I personaly do better. I was told to use my commen sence about the cold.

I just lession to my body and it tells me when it is too hot or too cold
I don't know if that helps.
Becky

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. And sometimes leaves a cool looking scar.     STA-MCA bypass and EMS Surgeries done at same time at the Mayo clinic

IP Logged

Larry
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Austintown,Oh
Re: Extreme temperatures
Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 9:26pm

I had my surgery on June 16th and as you stated the heat bothers me. I always look foward to summer and the heat because of our long and cold winters here in NE Ohio. Since returning home after my surgery I find myself wanting to stay inside with the AC. This has never been me. I work in a hot Steel mill and always laughed at my co-workers complain about hot summer temps. My reply was "I waited all winter for this" . I never minded sweating but as I was saying now I can't take it. Hopefully this will pass after I have my next surgery on my left side and I can get back to enjoying the heat. One more thing, I just started taking 75 mg of Plavix this Jan. and now I take a 325 aspirin along with it everyday. Maybe it has something to do with it.

Lawrence Roth  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge