Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sorry (Read 2667 times)
Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Sorry
May 4th, 2006 at 4:12pm

Sorry I haven't been much support these last few months. My health has made it hard for me to keep up with my schedule, let alone be able to help anyone.

I should be having my heart surgery in August, unless further testing says it needs to be sooner. Hopefully, after my recovery I will be more support.

I have kept you all in my prayers, even if I haven't been here.

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Re: Sorry
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2006 at 9:17am

I think everyone would agree there's never a need to apologise for not being around,especially given what you have to deal with right now.Just remember that we're here for YOU.Many many prayers that your well again soon.Glad you could pop in and post but don't apologise, focus your energy on yourself for now.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #2 - May 8th, 2006 at 11:48am

Hi Rena,

Sorry to hear about your upcoming heart surgery. Gosh, like Mary Grace mentioned, you have a lot to deal with right now and you never have to apologize.  Your MM family is here to continue to support you and Tyler and your daughter through your surgery.

I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs,

Lore    

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #3 - May 10th, 2006 at 10:56am

Thanks Mary Grace and Lore.

As Tyler says, "You can't live without a brain or a heart. They fixed his brain they can fix my heart." He is taking it all in stride, heck he has been thru so much more.

Going thru this, helps me understand what Tyler went thru, not being able to do whatever he wanted for awhile. Until you have limits because of your health, you never know just how frustrating it can be.

I am looking forward to being able to walk a mile again. I used to walk a mile in 10 min. I sure do miss it.

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #4 - May 10th, 2006 at 6:07pm

Rena,

You hang in there. You will walk a mile in 10 minutes again. I think you hit it on the nose when you said until you have limits from your health you never know how frustrating it can be. Lots of folks on this board know what it is like to not be able to do the things they did before. Many had surgery and have bounced back marvelously and are now not only doing things they did before but some are doing even more. I look for that to happen to you too.

Now that you have had this experieince you have learned what it is really like for Tyler and others. I believe things happen for a reason and they often make us a stronger and better person. We learn to appreciate the small things and no longer sweat the small things.

Keep us posted when you have the energy and time on how you and Tyler are doing.

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge