Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shan Where are you?  We're all concerned (Read 4866 times)
tomg
Experienced Poster

West and wewaxsation at
wast. What I crave.

HowellNJ, USA, usa, 499, 119, NJ, New_Jersey
Shan Where are you?  We're all concerned
Apr 30th, 2006 at 10:21pm

Smiley   Shan, are you OK?    Smiley   You haven't been on for quite some time.   Moira and I have both E-mailed you with no response and we're getting worried.
     Shan please post or PM us if you see this,  Your friend in NJ   Tom G.

IP Logged

moyamoi
Ex Member

Re: Shan Where are you?  We're all concerned
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2006 at 5:30am

Hi Tom Thanks for posting this - I was just thinking about doing the very same thing today when I logged on - Good on ya!

Please Shan answer us and let us know that you are OK? I am thinking of you every day and am VERY concerned!!!
Moira Smiley

IP Logged

Janko
Experienced Poster

Take baby steps...one
step in front of the
other!!

Kekaha, USA, usa, 326, 333, HI, Hawaii
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2006 at 2:37am

Hi Tom & Moira,

Shan called me....Trina and I were just asking about her and she left a message on my cell phone.  I was getting rather worried since she hadn't called.  It's been a while since I've spoken to her.  I was so happy to hear from her.  She's been rather busy, her father was recently diagnosed with cancer, that's why she hasn't been in touch.

Just wanted to give you a head's up...

Aloha,
Jan

Everything is not just black and white.  Open your eyes, see what the world has to offer....

IP Logged

moyamoi
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 9th, 2006 at 3:17am

Hi Jan,
Yes, thanks for posting this message - as it happens and much to my immense relief, Shan emailed me over the weekend! Hope you are doing OK after your surgery
Moira
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2006 at 3:18am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Greg-NJ1
Experienced Poster

Mis-diagnosed with MM
in 2005, arterial restricion

Teaneck, NJ
Reply #4 - May 10th, 2006 at 6:19pm

Hi Tom,

Shan sent me an e-mail over the weekend, as  I sent her a where are you e-mail after you and I spoke. She did send her regards to you in my message.

All is well, except for her father who has been diagnosed with cancer.

Regards,
Greg

PS....Shan, I hope you father is doing ok. I'll make sure that we keep him and your entire family in my prayers.

I was misdiagnosed with MM in March of 2005. In January 2006, I was told it is not MM, but rather a massive restriction in the MC1 segment of my left carotid artery.

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #5 - May 11th, 2006 at 11:54pm

HERE I AM!!!

Hi everyone!!  Oh my gosh...I sure missed all of you!! 
Kiss  Gee...it's been such a long time that I forgot my password and had to request that my password be sent to me.   Wink  Anyway, I'm doing okay...I'm actually coming up on my 1 year anniversary since my double bypass and EDAS last year (May 27). 

Dilema is...my local neuro is suggesting that I have my angiogram here in Hawaii; however, I'm a little nervous about it being that my neurosurgeon is in North Carolina!  Shocked  I really want to return to NC just for the angio; however, he has advised me that it is NOT necessary....

Other than that, yes, my father was diagnosed with lung cancer and chemotherapy was initially going well, but his recent treatment hasn't shown much changes/improvement.  I heard that dr's have even discussed a "time line".... so I've been basically focusing on him.

Scary thing is that I've recently been getting some headaches and wierd tight feelings on the right side of my face.  I stil cannot raise my right eyebrow although, I do have my sense of feeling back on my face (surgery was on my right side).  Recent MRAs showed "decreased blood flow" on my right side, but my neuro said that it is "normal" because it is being compared to my left side.

Other than that...I'm still here plugging along.  How is everyone else?  I got Trina's message!!!  ;Grin  And..I got to talk to Jan!  AMEN sister!  My heart melted hearing that you're doing great after your surgeries!!!...and last but not least, I spoke with Tom today!  It just touched my  Smiley to know that you all remembered me!...and had me in your thoughts!  Smiley

I'm back to work too...but I am going to do my best to be back here.  Y'all are the best!!!!  Much aloha to you all!!!!   Smiley

Take care,
Shan

p.s.  Tom, if I do go to NC, I'll let you know.  In fact, my son's baseball team is scheduled to travel to Cooperstown during the 4th of July weekend, so that is part of the plan.  But guess what?  I just won a prize from our local radio station (KSSK-Clear Channel Radio) which includes a trip for 4 to canada including hotel and rental car..and tickets to some stampede.  Only thing is, the dates are set in July.  I really wanted to take my father, but he said he is too weak.  (He wants me to sell it, and others have told me to post it on e-bay and sell it for cheap, but I'm not quite sure how to do that just yet...)

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

Janko
Experienced Poster

Take baby steps...one
step in front of the
other!!

Kekaha, USA, usa, 326, 333, HI, Hawaii
Reply #6 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:45pm

Hi Shan...

It's so good to hear from you.  I know a bunch of people who were quite worried that you hadn't replied.  I'm so sorry to hear about your father.  I really feel for you.  I've pretty much been through what you are going through.  I was 16 years old when my father passed (28 years ago) it was three days after my 16th birthday.  All I can tell you is make him as comfortable as possible and enjoy all your time together. Smiley  keep both of your spirits up, I'm not trying to make things sound down, but that's what you have to do.  You have to make the best of everything.  I'm sending best wishes to you and your family. 

Smiley Kiss

Big Hugs & Kisses...Much Love & Aloha..
God Bless,

Jan

Everything is not just black and white.  Open your eyes, see what the world has to offer....

IP Logged

cass/kate
Experienced Poster

Daughter Kate has moyamoya.

Dallas, USA, usa, 270, 251, TX, Texas
Reply #7 - May 12th, 2006 at 5:58pm

Shan  -
Glad to hear that you are okay.  Hope the right-side tightness and pain clears up soon.

So sorry to hear about your dad.  My dad died five weeks ago.  He was doing well, but had a stroke the day after we got back from Stanford for Kate's 6month check-up.  Almost like he was waiting to make sure she was okay.  I spent as much time every day with him as I could - tellining stories, holding his hand, just watching him sleep.  That, I think, is the best you can do.  Just love him as long as you can, and let him know constantly.  You will be on my heart  Smiley  and in my prayers.

Hugs,  Smiley

Cass in Texas  Smiley

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #8 - May 17th, 2006 at 12:48pm

Much Mahalo (thanks) to all of you for your kind words and thoughtfulness!  Kiss  I know all of us have felt that "when it rains...it pours.."  I'm keeping my spirits up, although, I do have to admit that I have let my own personal health slip/take a backseat to everything else that has been going on.  (even to the point of where I've missesd taking my medication at times  Undecided)  I know...I know....

Anyway, I'm back on track...and realized that if I'm not "healthy" myself, then I can't take care of my dad, my son or anyone else for that matter.  So...I'm making my dr. appts (yes, it's been a few months since I've seen some of them) and taking blood tests, etc....to see where I'm at.

Thanks again...People like all of you are an inspiration!  I thank God for blessing me with wonderful friends like you in my life!  I sure hope to meet you all one day... Smiley

Aloha,
Shan

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge